Jadyn arrived Tuesday May 1st. She weighed 8 pounds and 10 ounces, measuring 21 inches long.
Her birth was somewhat of a scary thing as the doctors monitored Jadyn's vitals closely.
I started having contractions at 8:30 am and my mom dropped me off at the hospital while she took Ashlyn to school. By the time my mom got back to me, my contractions were quite painful and coming every 2-3 minutes apart. Johnathan arrived about 20 minutes later and my cnotractions were speeding up to 1-2 minutes. Unfortunately the hospital wasn't prepared for so many deliveries. So they were short on nurses. The hospital staff was running around trying to find me a room (I was still stuck behind a curtain in a triage room)
Finally they moved me into a room and gave me the epidural. Prior to this Jadyn's heart beat was fairly low. (Nothing alarming, but when they gave me the epidural, it dropped even lower). So the doctors stayed just staring at the monitors. (Which of course made me super nervous.) The doctor soon after broke my water...but...nothing came out! So this concerned them even more. They called in a NICU nurse for delivery. They delivered me shortly after that. It was such a fast process (Dr. was even pushing on my stomach to get her out) that Jadyn came out with a perfect round head!
Fortunately her vitals were all normal and she is healthy as can be!
Ashlyn came to the hospital to meet her little sister later that night. She was all smiles with not alot to say (which, if you know her, isn't anything like Ashlyn).
Johnathan stayed with Jadyn and me in the hospital that night while my mom went home to take care of Ashlyn. She woke up the next morning and took Ashlyn to school. Then my mom came to the hospital to relieve Johnathan. While my mom was there, I got a phone call from school saying that Ashlyn had thrown up. So my mom left to go get her and take her home. To make a long story short, 5 hours later they admitted Ashlyn into the hospital. The put her in the isolation wing, and restricted Johnathan and I from visiting the other daughter. I got special permission to go see Ashlyn (but I couldn't touch her, just wave and let her know that I was there!) I had to be dressed in sterile gowns and had to take a shower immediately upon returning to my room. It was heart breaking to see Ashlyn there. She had no color to her and she was unresponsive. Johnathan stayed the night with her, while my mom slept in my room with me.
The next morning they discharged Jadyn and I at 11:00am, and by nightfall they had discharged Ashlyn. The only instructions were to keep Ashlyn separated from Jadyn and me. (This would be a huge challenge!)
So Johnathan decided to take Ashlyn to his parents for the weekend. However, when it came time for them to go, Johnathan found himself sick with the same stuff Ashlyn had.
I called my friend Courtni to come and get Ashlyn, while my mom stayed in the house and tended to Jadyn, Johnathan, and me. I can't imagine how we would have managed without her being here!
Fortunately on Saturday Johnathan woke up feeling better, so he decided to go ahead and take her to his parent's house. I'm sure they are having a great time! (But I know Johnathan must be sad that he is missing out on Jadyn's first few days!)
1 comment:
What a story! Jeeze! Congrats on your new addition. Can't wait to meet her!!! :)
Post a Comment