Saturday, January 12, 2008

Ashlyn is Admitted to the Hospital

Wednesday evening, shortly after putting Ashlyn down for the night, we could hear her in the hallway crying. When we got to her she started throwing up. She threw-up just about every 20 minutes. We tried everything we could think of, (everything the doctors have told us to do in the past with her.) ~Emetrol, Zofran, and Phenegran~ Yet nothing was stopping it. I wound up taking her to the Emergency Room. Where they admitted her for dehydration. On Thursday afternoon, her Dr. came over on his lunch break (with the intentions to release her). However, just before his arrival she spiked a fever of 103.4. Therefore, she had to stay another 24 hours.

This was dissappointing, as we were all expecting (and ready) to go home.

Yesterday afternoon, the Dr. called in to check her blood work and it was still higher than normal, but was teatering on the line between normal and high. So he said as long as I felt comfortable taking her home, he would go ahead and release her. However, he wanted me to know that he would have liked her to stay for another 12 hours to monitor her. We chose to take her home based on her behavior. She had perked up considerably that afternoon, and was eating again.

We are now home, and settling back into a routine. Today has been rough on Ashlyn, as she has two solid days of energy ready to spend...and I am keeping her in her PJ's and resting!

I wanted to say a special Thank You to my Mom for coming and helping. This allowed for both Johnathan and me to be with Ashlyn at the hospital. I also have to thank Courtni for taking care of Jadyn until my mom arrived! You are an awesome friend!

No comments: