Monday, January 09, 2012

Fever...Go Away Already

On Monday (New Years Day) Jadie lost her appetite it seemed. She would order food like usual (mind you, we are at Great Wolf Lodge eating out for every meal.). However, when she would get her food she would take a bite and say she was full or her tummy hurt. We originally thought it was because she was drinking her milk/sprite almost all gone before her food arrived. So on Tuesday we limited her drink to only after she got her food. It was a battle to get her tk eat even a fourth of anything she ordered!
We arrived home late Tuesday evening. Jadyn woke up with a low grade fever on Wednesday morning. I thought it was because the water at GWL was colder than I remember and Jadie was shivering at the watermark all day Monday. So I have her Motrin (last 6-8 hours according to bottle). Her fever broke about two hours later. She was fever free for about two hours also and then it started to creep back up. Jadie has no other symptoms besides a cough she developed on Tuesday. She does complain of a headache when she has a fever of 101+. Other than that she says nothing hurts. This fever has been persistent and her cough has gotten worse over the last 24 hours. I tried to make her a doctors appointment for Friday because she not only has stopped eating anything but vanilla yogurt and milk. She won't even drink an over or soda. The doctor was out so I had to make an appointment for Monday. On Saturday however, it had been 4 days of fever...so I took her to Doctors Express and saw a Dr. Weir. She was very nice. She listened to Jadie's chest (front side only, in two spots). She said her chest sounds clear...no pneumonia. YEAH!
She then looked in her ears and said her left was red and she has a swollen lymph node on the left side of her neck. She prescribed amoxicillin and we started taking it at 2pm. It is now Monday morning and she still has a fever. She has that Doctors appointment at 10:15 this morning. I hope they do bloodwork because I doubt it's just an ear infection. But I'm not a doctor...so I pray that I'm wrong!

No comments: