Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Our Man Made Flood
Sunday was a great day! I finally had my laundry room completed...decorated and everything put away. The old house is 100% empty and all the things inside the new house finally had a home and were all organized and put away. We all went to dinner that night and returned home shortly after 7. I decided to sit down and watch a movie on the couch with the girls. It was perfect...it's been so long since I have had the time to enjoy their snuggles without thinking I should be working on something else. Johnathan was in theguest bedroom trying to connect the printer to thecomputer. The movie the girls and I were watching was the land before time III. Anyhow, there is a Trex that was chasing some baby dinosaurs. Ashlyn was terrified. Finally she got up and ran towards the guest room to find Johnathan. This is when I heard...swish...swish...with every step ashlyn took! I looked down and there was water running towards our master bedroom. Our washing machine was overfilling! We wound up having to rip up the carpet in three rooms and cut out the saturated pad. Two of the rooms...the water ran under the walls to get to. (The guest bedroom and Ashlyns room). We borrowed fans and dehumidifiers from Courtni and my parents.). My momcame and picked Jadie up Monday morning and took her back to her house. All those tack strips are exposed and we didn't want her to step on them. Thank you Mom. We have managed to dry out the carpet and the carpet guys are coming to lay a new pad and relay the carpet this morning. The only xhallengenow is I ha who washing machine. AND we used all but 3 towels to clean up the mess. I'm so thankful we have a big shop vac...otherwise there would have no way to get all that water out of the house, even with all tge towels i used. I also used all the extra blankets in the house to help barracade the water from going into any other rooms. So I have two large mounds of soaked blankets and towels outside. I even used all of theextra baby blankets, hand towels, and wash rags in the house!!! Laundromat...here we come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment