My Mama and Dad arrived just before lunch. We made sandwiches and played for a bit before getting ready for church. We sent Jadie to the nursery, expecting her to throw a fit when we left her. However, she couldn't get rid of us fast enough. Ashlyn went to the service with us and did AWESOME!!! She was so good. She participated in the Children's Sermon and even did communion with Grandma. We were sooooooo very proud of her! When we went to pick Jadie up they said she was soooo good. She played "Grocery Store" the whole time. It's so heart warming to hear when our girls are good! I think that was one of the best Christmas Present a Mom can get!!! After service, we came back to the house. Johnathan cooked us some delicious ribeyes. I made sauteed mushrooms, mashed potatoes, ceasar salad, corn on the cob and sweet rolls. I think we have found our new Christmas Eve Dinner tradition. It was sooo good. None of us even had room for dessert! While everyone cleaned up, Jadie watched a Christmas movie, and Ashlyn and Grandma made fudge! YUM! And of course....after all was done...we sat down and opened presents! Ashlyn was so excited...she was the first one finished! (Even opening one of Grandma's gifts....oops!) The girls were finally sound asleep at 10. The grown ups finished watching the movie Elf! (I love that movie!!!) And we all headed to bed to wait for Christmas morning!










No comments:
Post a Comment