Sunday, May 01, 2011

Happy Birthday Jadie Ann

Today my "snuggle bug" turns 4!!! I can't believe she is already FOUR! She is so excited that she is now allowed to chew gum! She has developed this fake laugh that is kind of like a witches laugh. It is quite funny actually. She is still so stinking funny!

For her birthday we went over to Aunt Jenn's for the afternoon. Tommy and Patty were there so everyone was able to visit. It's been toooooo long in between our visits! Jennifer made the girl's cupcakes and Uncle Chad grilled hot dogs for the girls and hamburgers for the adults! It was a perfect afternoon!!!






On our way home, we stopped in to see the Beal's (they live in the same neighborhood as Jennifer and Chad). It was Troy's first time and the kids first time to meet Kynsley.

Jadyn is now wearing a size 4t shorts...(It has to have the adjustable waist though since she is our "skinny minnie". She is very long torso'd so I typically have been buying her big girl tops XS or 4/5. They seem to be longer than the 4t and 5t's. In dresses (which she LOVES!!!) I buy big girl size 5. The toddler sizes don't cover up her toosh when she bends over!

She is doing great in school. Her teachers say she is the smartest in her class. I believe it! She is smart! She knows all her colors, shapes, letters, and numbers up to 20. She even has the Number -ONE, Number-TWO concept down. (example-81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89,21,22,23, etc.) But she hasn't figured out the order yet.

Jadie is having a hard time adjusting to the attention that Kynsley is getting. With me nursing, I think Jadie sees Kynsley as getting all of the attention. The other day, Jadie brought me to tears when she gave me her blanket and asked me to put it over my shoulder and hold her. I asked her if she wanted me to wrap her up with her blanket (like I normally do) and she said no...it was there in case she spit up! It made me so sad. She has also been acting out a lot more so we are trying to praise her more for her good choices and be super consistent on the discipline when she starts testing.

She has developed a bad habit of putting her hair in her mouth. It has become a constant battle to get her to stop. Unfortunately, I have not figured out the magic trick to make her stop completely.

She is very much a girlie girl. Loves anything blingy, pink, purple, and bright. She is so sweet.

She finished up her soccer season, and we are thinking of letting her take a season off, as she wasn't that into it this time around. Now that she is 4, I hope to get her enrolled in a dance class out here close to us. She would be in heaven!!!

I still can't get over the fact that she is FOUR!!!!







No comments: