Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ashlyn Scares Us Again!

Ashlyn woke up Monday morning throwing up and running a fever of 102. I was sure we were headed to the ER again for the CVS (cyclical vomitting syndrome), that they are predicting that she has. A few hours later her fever reached 103.6 which really concerned me! So we called her doctor in Beaumont and he suggested we take her to an urgent care. We took the 40 minute drive to reach one. She threw up again in the waiting room. When we finally got to see the doctor, she did a full exam on Ashlyn.
When she looked in her ears...she saw something metal in her right ear. She asked Ashlyn if she had put anything in her ear. Ashlyn said no. The doctor left the room to get some things to try to remove it. I asked Ashlyn if she had put anything in her ear. She said yes. She said, "it was one of those things you put on your ears all the time that are really pretty. I tried to put it on, and it fell in. I have been trying to get it out everynight and everyday." Come to find out, it was a rhinestone, (about the size of my pinky finger nail) that I use for my picture frames. By the looks of it, it has been in there sometime. She prescribed us an antibiotic, since she has a severe ear infection as a result.

Within hours of its removal...she perked up considerably and the fever disappeared. However later that night, she woke me up saying she had to go to the bathroom. She was shaking uncontrollably and had a fever of 104.7! I immediately gave her medicine and put her in a bath to cool her off. It came down to 104. When she wasn't in the bath, she was laying in her bed, trembling, with me wiping her face and neck with a cold cloth. After three hours we got her fever down to 102. I let her go to sleep, (no more waking her up with temperature checks.) She woke up the next morning feeling like a champ! No fever since!!!

No comments: