
Jadyn has now started throwing fits! She will get in a kneeling position, put both hands behind her head, pull her hair, and then throw herself to the ground. Fortunately, she doesn't cry...she just lays there! It's cute FOR NOW!
I have started introducing the sippy cup...and it hasn't gone over so well. She will look at me, and shake her head NO and then throw it on the ground! Then....(as if that wasn't enough attitude!) she slams both hands down on her highchair and smiles!!! What a stinker!
She is still the happiest kid I know, and smiles at anyone. Although, the last couple of days she has gotten a little shy! She still smiles, but she leans her head into my chest when she does. (I won't lie...it makes my heart melt!!!)
She finally (after many months of only saying DA-DA) has started saying Ma-Ma!!! Mama was her first word, but she forgot how to say it for a REALLY long time! Johnathan always got a kick out of asking her to say Ma-Ma...and she would look at him, grinning and say DA-DA! She already knows how to work him!
I have noticed that she enjoys putting things inside other things. For instance, we have a wooden stool that Ashlyn uses in the bathroom to reach the sink, and it has a hole in the middle of it, so you can grab it. Jadyn loves seeing what fits inside the hole. She gets quite upset when something won't go through it, but gets tickled with herself when something does. She is great entertainment!
She has also started to CLIMB! The only problem is...she can't get down! She loves climbing on the fireplace hearth. We have had to put all of our throw pillows on top of it, so she can't climb up it anymore. The other day I watched her climb onto Ashlyn's (kid-sized) rocking chair...and STAND UP! The rocking chair now resides in the foyer behind the baby gate out of her reach! Today she was using Ashlyn's (same wooden stool mentioned above) to climb up on. Fortunately, she wouldn't stand up, and was actually climbing back down. So I am letting her use that to practice the climbing down part!!! My fear is...that the couches are next!
No comments:
Post a Comment