Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Update

Tuesday afternoon Hillary and her little boy, Jackson drove the girls and me down to College Station. The boys, Johnathan and Jay met us at the Ramada where we had reservations to stay the night! The boys showered and got cleaned up while Hillary and I went to Harbor Freight to get some water pumps for Brody. While we were there I overheard that they had a few generators! I was able to purchase one for my parents who have been searching for one!!! Mom and Dad happened to be coming to A&M to pick up Sally since the hotel we were going to stay at wouldn't accept pets...so it truly was perfect timing. While they were here they stopped at HEB to pick up some groceries and enjoyed a hot shower and what would a trip to A&M be without a stop at Freebirds! We met up with Stefany, Troy, Carey, and Richard Glyn there too. We also got to see their Nanna and Papa Rick. Since it was such a large group (12) we let Carey and Ashlyn have their own table! The two girls insisted on RG sitting with them. All three of them had a blast!
This morning we went down to breakfast with Courtni, Alexander, and Maddie J. After that we met Stefany and her crew at the local children's museum in Bryan! I wish we could have stayed longer but we still had to get back to the hotel, packup and check out before noon. We didn't get into our new hotel until 3:00, so we killed time at wings n more! Another one of my favorite restaraunts here in CS.
Right now the girls are taking a nap in the room. I haven't made plans for dinner yet...it depends on what Stefany and Courtni have going on! Johnathan and James, Courtni's husband are recruiting at A&M, so they have been out of pocket all day and already have dinner plans to take their favorite canidates out to dinner.
Courtni asked me to take pictures of her kids under the century trees here on campus... I'm sure hoping we can find time to do that!!! I'd love to add that to my portfolio! We are also wanting to show the girls the campus...and try to develop Ashlyn's interest in A&M. We talk about being an Aggie a lot and I'm sure it seems kind of abstract to her...hopefully this trip will let her better understand what we are talking about.

2 comments:

Science geek said...

Teach Ashlyn how to play 42. That's what being an Aggie is all about, right?

Stefany said...

So cute! They are growing up so fast.