Monday, September 28, 2009

Fun Weekend and Yet Not So Fun Weekend

Our family and the W. family booked a cottage and cabin on Sam Rayburn for the Labor Day weekend. It was great skiing and fun...although the water was a little cold for my liking...but the kids didn't seem to mind one bit!

Here is the view from our cottage!

We split the meals amongst the two families so it was quite affordable. Every night after dinner we would put the kids down and play "Wah-who". I am super duper competive...and well needless to say...I left cranky each night because Renee and I just couldn't win against the boys! Saturday night we stayed up late playing. Around 1 o clock Johnathan fell asleep, but I was still under a little bit of an adrenaline rush from losing...and stayed up till 2. Then at 4am...Ashlyn woke us up....throwing up! Something had set her off....it was impossible to sleep as she was going every 10-30 minutes! At 8am....Jadie woke up....and decided she needed to throw up too! So....Johnathan and I decided it was time to pack up and head home. (We didn't have any medicine with us to help control Ashlyn's vomitting.) Once in the car the girls threw up again....it just so happens that they went at the same exact time...so it was only one stop! To top it all off....as we were unloading the car...Johnathan threw out his back. He remained in bed for two days as a result. On a positive note....Jadie didn't throw up anymore after that....and Ashlyn only went a couple of more times before her body was exhausted. Fortunately, my mom came into town Sunday night and Monday to help me.

No comments: