Jadie always likes to play with the house phone. Typically she just pushes numbers...no big deal...because she hasn't pushed the "talk" button. However, today she pushed the speaker phone button...so I heard the numbers being pushed. I heard it ringing but hung up before anyone answered. I hit redial...like I always do...to see if she called China...today she called....911111111*9911. We shouldn't have to pay any fines or fees, since noone answered!
At 6:00pm last night we went to visit Candace. (Candace always has m&m's for the girls if they finish their dinner.) Johnathan came over shortly after we arrived....Candace keeps peanut butter m&m's for him! He took the girls home about 30 minutes later so I could visit with Candace. Not 2 minutes after he left...he called and said Jadie had a fever of 101.5. I was shocked because she had no symptoms and didn't act as if she wasn't feeling well. I came home...and it wasn't 30 minutes later she was at 103. We had already given her tylenol and just had to wait out two more hours before we could give her anymore medicine. So we soaked her in the tub for 30 minutes to try to bring it down. Poor girl was freezing...chin quivering...but she was having a great time... We sang Old Mac Donald....she is really good at the E-I-E-I-OOOOOOOOO part. We also sang the wheels on the bus...which I think might just be her favorite song!
After the bath...Johnathan and I took turns snuggling with her. It is bitter sweet when your little ones are sick. You hate that they don't feel well and you can't make them better...but at the same time...you love the snuggles that they give!!!!
This morning when I went in to check on her...I noticed a little bit of throw-up in her bed. So I will spend the majority of the day cleaning and sanitizing in case it is a stomach bug...to try to prevent Ashlyn from being exposed.
I am trying to figure out how I am going to get Ashlyn to school this morning and yet not take Jadie into the school. I don't want to spread her germs around the school...but at the same time...I don't want Ashlyn to miss school. I'm sure I'll come up with something.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment