Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Water Leak

The other day I mopped. Today I noticed that some of the grout lines inbthe kitchen were still wet looking. This made no sense to me. About an hour later it dawned on me that the sink might be leaking. (The grout lines are about 6 ft away from the sink.). About an hour I figured out that the sink must be leaking! I unloaded the cabinet and found water. The water was in the cabinet and I could see standing water under the cabinet through the little hole they had to cut out to put the pipes through. This was BAD as there is no way to get to that water. I put a little fan in the cabinet, however I don't think it helped much. Johnathan took a look and discovered that the plumber forgot a clamp on the dishwasher. Therefore everytime I ran it, (which was at least once a day!) when it would drain...it would drain into the cabinet and down the hole! Fortunately Johnathan is a jack ofcall trades. He went to the hardware store got the clamp and fixed the leak!

No comments: