Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Where do Babies Come From?

Alright...Ashlyn asked the question!

Last night, I was laying in bed with Ashlyn tucking her in for the evening. She always likes to ask me lots of questions...because she knows I will stay in there longer to answer them.

Well, last night's conversation started with: "Mama...why does Jay only have one baby, and you have two?"

(Jay has been staying with us and has one little boy named Jackson.)

I said something along the lines of ....well when God thinks Jay is ready to have another one...he will give Jay another one.

Ashlyn then looked at me and said...."Mama, how does Jesus make babies?"

Here was my opportunity to say..."When two people love each other........" BUT I FUMBLED!

I said...."Well, what do you think?"

She said "I think he goes around and picks up skin that falls off and then sews it on to them."

Ihope next time...one of THOSE TYPES of questions come up...I don't blow it!

1 comment:

Science geek said...

Good luck with that one. I'd make Johnathan do it. Ha!