Today I experienced a "first" for me with having 3 kids. Ashlyn got home from school today and came to me fussing saying that she didn't get a cinnamon roll at breakfast and all the other kids did. I asked her why and she started crying saying she didn't have any money. She then went on to show me a stamp on her hand that is supposed to tell me she was out of money on her account. (I explained to her that I didn't know what it meant and that I assumed it was her normal stamps she ALWAYS gets for cleaning up after lunch. She went on to tell me I need to ask about each stamp. She's right...I really should!)
This was heart breaking to hear...because every morning she asks me what the school is offering for breakfast. She is always soooooooo excited when it is cinnamon rolls! She makes sure she is ready to walk out the door by 7:25 do that she can get one! (apparently they have sold out before!). This morning was no exception. I can imagine her standing in line ready to get hers with all her friends and then being told she has to put it back because she doesn't have any money. They gave her 1 piece of toast with a little thing of apple jelly instead !
She says she told me the day before she needed money and I never heard her! I of course apologized and balled as I felt like the crummiest mom ever! She started crying to and said she was sorry she made me cry. And that it was okay because she has had too much sugar the last couple of days! (I tell you, she is such a smart little girl, with such a big heart. And she really does try to please us!)
I hate that she had to experience that because I have been so distracted!
I know there will be many more times that I disappoint them! But I sooooooooo hope they are few and far between as well as minimal in heartbreak!!!!
This was heart breaking to hear...because every morning she asks me what the school is offering for breakfast. She is always soooooooo excited when it is cinnamon rolls! She makes sure she is ready to walk out the door by 7:25 do that she can get one! (apparently they have sold out before!). This morning was no exception. I can imagine her standing in line ready to get hers with all her friends and then being told she has to put it back because she doesn't have any money. They gave her 1 piece of toast with a little thing of apple jelly instead !
She says she told me the day before she needed money and I never heard her! I of course apologized and balled as I felt like the crummiest mom ever! She started crying to and said she was sorry she made me cry. And that it was okay because she has had too much sugar the last couple of days! (I tell you, she is such a smart little girl, with such a big heart. And she really does try to please us!)
I hate that she had to experience that because I have been so distracted!
I know there will be many more times that I disappoint them! But I sooooooooo hope they are few and far between as well as minimal in heartbreak!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment